Content originally from GOV.UK
We have published an update to the Local tobacco control profiles for England, which provides a snapshot of the extent of tobacco use, tobacco related harm, and measures being taken to reduce this harm at a local level. These profiles have been designed to help local government and health services to assess the effect of tobacco use on their local populations.
PHE has updated the methodology used to calculate smoking attributable mortality and hospital admissions indicators. This change in methodology has resulted in lower rates than previously published. You can read our blog explaining the change here.
This latest data release includes:
- Smoking attributable mortality (new method)
- Smoking attributable deaths from cancer (new method)
- Smoking attributable deaths from heart disease (new method)
- Smoking attributable deaths from stroke (new method)
- Smoking attributable hospital admissions (new method).